Science Gossip Talk

out of pictures

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

Must say within the last 24 hours I keep coming with out of data to classify anyone else?

Posted

• BerrisCharnley by BerrisCharnley scientist

Thanks for flagging this @elizabeth - going to do some classifications this afternoon; will see if i get the same. More soon.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

There are three options of possible causes I can think of:

1. Your internet connection is slow/get lost for a second while the image is loading which causes that it signs you out automatically and displays the 'Run out of data' message. This happens to more users in older projects (those which are not running on Panoptes), like PP, C&S, SG.. Please, when it happens the next time, make sure you are signed in (the top right corner of your screen) - if you are signed out, than this is the most probable reason.
    2. It happens when you have classified all pages from the periodical you have chosen to classify (which I don't find very likely, but could happen if you chose one of these almost finished ones). It shouldn't happen if you classify from random journals.
    3. There is another problem I am not aware of!

I bet it is the first option I suggested 😃 Please, check out whether it signs you out or not.

Cheers,

Zuzi

Posted

• BerrisCharnley by BerrisCharnley scientist

Thanks @yshish !

Posted

Anyway, I find it a problem to be solved 😦

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

This happens to me occasionally even when signed in. I just refresh and all is well. It would be good if this could be resolved as some new volunteers could think classifications are complete.

Posted

thanks everyone have tried all your suggestion. It seems to have improved. 😃

Posted

But reloading isn't a solution of such a problem! Sometimes it needs two reloads in row to show some image. I believe most users just take the message as true and leaves. And it happens in all the old projects I participate in. And it is frustrating. There are users who get the message about every few minutes and rather went elsewhere 😕

Posted

And the Search stopped working again 😦 It does nothing.

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to yshish's comment.

search here is not very good at all. Yes most people who get that message would leave like why bother type thing. So someone needs to fix what is wrong.

Posted

Well, but the Search should at least behave some. It doesn't react at all. It looks like if you didn't even clicked on the button. Try it yourself to see what I mean 😕 This happened recently, at it went through all projects so I guess it is the same problem. Just don't remember what it was. I need it. Desperately 😃

Posted

Oh my! Oh my! nothing not a movement just blank

Posted

IT IS BACK! ..Now to solve the problem with No data messages! 😃

Posted