Science Gossip Talk

Hello world!

• VVH by VVH scientist, admin

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoy reading these periodicals as much as I do! They're full of wonderful stories and images.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

Hey, everyone! 😃

@TED91 from Disk Detective has created this awesome GOOGLE MAP for the whole Zooniverse community to share where we live.

There's no need to have a Google account or be logged in. You can place a flag either anonymously, or write your user name or real name to the flag, and projects you contribute to.

For now, there's just a single layer for all, but more layers could be added and a different colour assigned to each project, or they could be separated to Space, Nature and Other projects, if we wanted, so you could take a look only to those projects you are interested in.

Have a look, maybe you'll find your neighbour being hooked by the same Zooniverse project!! 😉

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=ztJxn9tikpWs.kcO0O-iLLUQ8

Feel free to add your pin! 😉

For discussing the map, visit the general Zooniverse Talk here: https://www.zooniverse.org/talk/13/11661?comment=29456&page=1

Cheers!

Zuzi

Posted

• BerrisCharnley by BerrisCharnley scientist

Hello world!

I'm a researcher based in Oxford working on citizen science and scientific communication, nowadays and in the 19th Century. You can have a look at some of my work here: berrischarnley.com although there's nothing up there on my current research.

I'm helping out for November on the Talk boards. Drop me a line if I can help with anything.

Cheers!

Posted

• trosesandler by trosesandler scientist

Welcome BerrisCharnley! So nice to have you join us for November 😃

Posted

• BerrisCharnley by BerrisCharnley scientist

Thanks @trosesandler!

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to BerrisCharnley's comment.

Wow glad you are here. 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

Hi everyone! 😃

On behalf of the Science Gossip team I'd like to thank you all for your hard work on this awesome project. All together, we have done so much, over 131,700 pages have been completed due to each of you!

Thank you! ❤

Wish you a merry Christmas and hope to see you all around again after the holidays 😃

Here's a picture from my recent fieldwork, I made for you...

fw

Best,

Zuzi

Posted

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to follow @yshish's sentiments. It's been a great 10 months for Science Gossip - you all have done some amazing work. I look forward to all great new images that 2016 will bring! But in the meantime I hope everyone has a wonderful new year.

All the best,

Geoff

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

And a Happy New Year from me too! Looking forward to those new journals.

Posted

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce a new member of the ScienceGossip team. @Aesthetic_Tea is a research intern with us and will be around on Talk to answer any questions and help get the ball rolling on #female illustrators - with the aim of getting these names properly in the historical record!

Geoff

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

Welcome @Aesthetic_Tea! Great to hear you'll be working through the #female list. Looking forward to hearing the results.

Posted

• Aesthetic_Tea by Aesthetic_Tea scientist

Hello all,

Thanks to @jules & @geoff.belknap for the welcome!

Quick introduction - I'm working in London on early modern mathematical & scientific texts and objects; really keen to get involved with crowdsourcing / digital humanities. You might also see me about on @Shakespeare's World.

I think the #female list is a great place to start and I hope I can contribute something to it - if anyone has any ideas / suggestions please don't hesitate to shout!

Posted

• jules by jules moderator in response to Aesthetic_Tea's comment.

I haven't had chance to go through the #female tag group yet but I suspect it contains many more names than are in our short list. It would be good to tease out all the different female contributors names and highlight some of their work.

Posted

• trosesandler by trosesandler scientist

Let me extend my welcome also @Aesthetic_Tea. Its always fascinating to have new perspectives and knowledge on these images!

Posted