Science Gossip Talk

Trying to zoom in

• SiobhanLeachman by SiobhanLeachman

Hi there I've just started ... on my very new Mac and am having difficulty zooming in on images to see the type to transcribe the images. For some reason when I'm in a page the zoom button (the + in the little circle) which the tutorial tells us will increase the size of the page doesn't seem to work. I know there is probably a very simple explanation but is there anyother way to zoom in? This problem is probably compounded by the fact that I've just moved to a Mac and am learning a new way of doing things as well as starting this project!

Posted

• Antihelios by Antihelios

What I do is I click on the page symbol "Original page" (next to the + symbol), this opens up the book page in a new window and there you can zoom in with the + above the page. It's also helpful if the illustration's captions are on another page.

Posted

Lovely! Thanks for this. Am still getting the hang of it but learning more and more each image. Appreciate the help.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to Antihelios's comment.

Thanks for sharing!! This may be a good first answer for an FAQs, perhaps?

Posted

• VVH by VVH scientist, admin

Hi Ambrosia1 and Antihelios, I also use the keys cmd and + together to zoom in. Happy zooming!

Posted

Thanks for that VVH Have just learned this from a MAC user and it works perfectly! Appreciate the help.

Posted