Science Gossip Talk

How much to mark?!

• DrDaveJ by DrDaveJ

This page contains the illustration of a fuchsia. The page also contains the names of several gardening-related companies/businesses. And items, or categories of items, such as cabbage seeds. 😃
    Do we include a lot of this erata? If yes, do we mark it as Inscriptions? As Keywords?
    Or maybe the answer is NO. We are specifically looking for content on picture pages, as that content relates specifically to the illustration? In this case, I probably would only include the fuchsia keyword.

Posted

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist in response to DrDaveJ's comment.

Hi DrDaveJ,

Thanks for your question. In this case, this is mostly advertising on the page, so you don't need to classify anything here. The image reproduced is a header for the column, so we usually ignore those as illustrations. If you find information on a page that relates to an image that is reproduced on another page you can put a #figurelegend on the page, and that will help for easier reference later.

Thanks for joining sciencegossip - hope you stick around!

Geoff

Posted

• jules by jules moderator in response to geoffrey.belknap's comment.

Do you mean it's useful to use the #figurelegend tag just on Talk - or on the classification page too @geoffrey.belnap? I've added this to the FAQ for Talk tags but I can amend as necessary!

Posted

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist

Oh no - sorry I meant just on talk.

Posted