Science Gossip Talk

Sections?

• amogorkon by amogorkon

Should this page be treated as a single illustration or each section be a seperate one? Should the titles of the subsections be handled as inscriptions?

Posted

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist

Hi amogorkon,

In cases such as this - when the images don't have a blurred boundary then it would be useful to draw a box around each of the individual illustrations. That would then make the case of whether or not they are inscriptions clearer - which is described in the FAQ section.

Posted

• trosesandler by trosesandler scientist in response to geoffrey.belknap's comment.

Just to follow on to Geoff's response - this page could be handled 2 ways: as one single full plate illustration or as sep illustrations as Geoff suggests. Both are Ok but generally the boxes are more valuable when illus are about different topics and separated by text on a page. In this case since each illus is about the same species and of the same class type I would treat it as one without sep boxes. and add the following;
    Type: drawing
    Species: Funiculina Quadrangulari
    Contributor: A.M. Marshall?[I cant see the details from this view to see the correct spelling] role: Illustrator
    Inscriptions: [leave blank since since the subsection headings are are very similar]
    Keywords: transverse section

Posted

• ssgiris by ssgiris moderator

Looking at the page, each image is labeled as a figure, which is called out and discussed in the text. In these cases, I have been boxing each numbered figure as an independent image. Would the team rather this be captured as one single image?

Posted

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist

For ease sake - you can leave pages like this as one illustration in terms of drawing boxes. However, using the pinpoint and keyword funtions to identify each illustration within the whole will give us the particular detail that we are looking for.

Posted