Science Gossip Talk

Please can we have a "previous page?" and "next page" tool?

• Noharrr by Noharrr

Others have noted in their comments, and I've found in classifying, that sometimes the text of a page references a contributor or species in an illustration on a following page. Sometimes there's a fragment at the top of an illustrated page that hints at a contributor or species named on a previous page. If the fragment is at the bottom of a "classify" page, it references a contributor or species on a following page.

I seem to be getting all my pages at random (OK by me!), but I'd really like to flip back and forward (just one page is all that's needed) to track down the missing information that's so tantalizingly close.

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

Do you mean you would like a link to go to the previous or next page directly from the classification page? This would save clicking on the "original page" link to the BHL site and would make things quicker some of the time - though I have got used to going to the BHL site now. Sometimes I have to go back a good few pages to find relevant information about an illustration.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Do we have an easily accessible guide somewhere about how to go to the BHL site for information from surrounding pages? Maybe that could be added to the FAQs if it isn't there yet?

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

Good call. I'll add something to the FAQ.

Posted