Science Gossip Talk

Gardening Journal

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

Display of the journal title and credit for the journal pages in the newly added Gardening Journal are being misattributed. Recent examples include being sent to Hardwicke's and Wiltshire. Not sure if the value is not being accurately set and just defaults to the last correct journal entry, but it isn't registering properly.

EDIT: This is in fact the problem. The journal displays as blank and shows up in a separate column with no title on the Profile page if done first. If not, then it defaults to whatever journal came before it. After reloading the actual Science Gossip page, however, the erroneous journal counts reset to be correct and credit to the gardening journals counts correctly.

TLDR - Front end for journal on Gardening is wrong, back end is fine.

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

Thanks for reporting this rrpbgeek. I concur that the BHL link correctly shows the Gardener's magazine. The Science Gossip page attributes it to Hardwick's or Wiltshire - and in some cases to no magazine at all.

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens admin

There's a bug in the code that displays the titles. It won't affect classification counts, or classifications, but I am pushing out a little bit of code which will hopefully fix it.

Jim

Posted

I think you did it! ;D

Posted

All seems to be working now 😃

Posted

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

You accidentally duplicated the journal. You have one set with gardening capitalized, and the other without it.

Posted

Ah yes - it does appear in "Periodicals" twice. Another quick fix needed?

Posted

Not a bug, but two different titles from the BHL

http://biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/46517

http://biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/25504

One from the Smithsonian Library, and one from UMass Amherst. If they're duplicates, we can disable one of them in the database.

Posted

Thanks for the explanation! I just compared page numbers and they are different.

Posted