Science Gossip Talk

Out of data message

• jules by jules moderator

Occasionally when I click "return to classifying" from Talk I am met with the message

"Looks like we're temporarily out of data to classify. Please check back later!
    In the meantime, check out some other projects in the Zooniverse!"

After a few page refreshes another image appears and all is well again.

I'm guessing this shouldn't be happening!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

I had this too twice this evening. Refreshing the page gave me another image, but as Jules said : this shouldn't be happening !

I can imagine some people not having the reflex to refresh the page ! 😄

Posted

Seems to be happening more today. 😕

Posted

• VVH by VVH scientist, admin

Dear both,

This issue has come up for a few folks who participated in the beta test. I won't pretend to understand the details, but it has to do with caching. The way I worked around it was to dive into a periodical I hadn't done during the beta test. That's not a long term solution, I know. We're looking into how to address. Thanks for flagging it up here.

All best,
    Victoria

Posted

Thanks Victoria! At least there is a workaround - and refreshing the page works just fine.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

I get the same notification (the last time was a few hours ago) and I didn't participated in the beta test.

Zuzi

Posted

Hopefully refreshing the page lets you continue. It's not the answer but at least we can continue to classify!

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens admin

Hardwicke's Science Gossip had stopped serving pages, for some reason. It should be fixed now, which should fix those 'out of data' messages.

Jim

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator in response to eatyourgreens's comment.

Oh, I knew it! Check my previous post in the Help 😃

Posted