Science Gossip Talk

Research Cover on Talk for November

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be away for most of November, so won't be able to pop onto talk very often (if at all). So I've arranged that two of my colleagues from the ConSciCom project will be around to participate in discussion and answer any questions. They are very knowledgable about the history of periodicals, agriculture, medicine and citizen science/humanities (among many other subjects), so feel free to ask them anything!

Let me then introduce Sally (@sally_82) and Berris (@BerrisCharnley).

I will be back on the 25th of November. I look forward to seeing what amazing things you all find while I'm gone!

Geoff

Posted

• BerrisCharnley by BerrisCharnley scientist

Thanks, Geoff! I'll try to live up to the billing 😃

Please do give me a shout if i can help out with anything, I'm keen to get to know the project and community, there's some fantastic work going on over here; looking over the boards and some of the stats is pretty awe inspiring!

Cheers all!
    b

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

Thanks Geoff - and welcome to @sally_82 and @BerrisCharnley! Let's see if we can finish another journal before Geoff get's back. 😉

(The Quarterly journal of the Geological Society of London is the one to go for, currently 87% complete).

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

Welcome guys! 😃

I like that idea @jules !! Let's finish them!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Welcome to Berris and Sally! Thanks so much, Geoffrey, for ensuring that there would be someone to cover for you!

Posted

• sally_82 by sally_82 scientist

Hi all @sally_82 here. Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to finding out more about Science Gossip and the fantastic work that's being done!

Posted

• trosesandler by trosesandler scientist

Yes and I'll be around all of November except for some days around mid-November so I appreciate the extra help from @sally_82 and @BerrisCharnely - welcome to you both!

Trish

Posted

Welcome back, @geoffrey.belknap 😃 We did manage it here without you but happy to see you on the board again! Hope you enjoyed your time off.

Cheers, Z.

Posted

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist

Happy to be back! Had a great time travelling around Argentina for a couple weeks - but very keen to get back to sciencegossip!

Posted

• jules by jules moderator in response to geoffrey.belknap's comment.

Ooh a proper holiday! Welcome back @geoffrey.belknap. 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator in response to geoffrey.belknap's comment.

Wow, couple of weeks in Argentina sounds wonderful! 😃

I'm leaving for a two-week fieldwork in mountains (away from civilisation) on Sunday early morning, and probably won't be able to get online much, if at all.. I will miss the project there.(

Posted

• trosesandler by trosesandler scientist in response to yshish's comment.

sometimes it good to unplug - we'll miss you yshish but you know where to find us when you return 😉

Posted

• jules by jules moderator in response to yshish's comment.

Yes it is definitely good to be offline for a while. Enjoy the mountains - and come back refreshed! 😃

Posted

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist in response to yshish's comment.

Have a great time in the mountains! Getting away from the computer screen for a bit is excellent salve to the spirit. Look forward to your sciencegossip return in a couple weeks

Posted

Thank you guys 😃

Posted