Science Gossip Talk

100,000 Pages

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist

Hi All,

Just wanted to say we are 94 pages shy of completing 100,000. That is simply amazing as we have only been active for just under 7 months. You all have been doing such wonderful work, and we hope that the content keeps everyone interested and engaged for a good while to come! There are still a load more periodical pages waiting to become active once the current ones are complete - including a series of periodicals published by the renowned Kew botanist William Jackson Hooker.

I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns you all might have about the historical research side of this. Thanks again for everyones dedication!

Geoff

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

Wow, that sounds really great!! Thanks for the information, Geoff.

Hey, everyone, let's finish some of the 'almost done' periodicals! Just go to the Periodicals page and choose one of those over 85%, which are currently Weltshire archaeological and natural history magazine, and The Quarterly journal of Geological Society of London 😃

For the science!

Zuzi

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

That's fantastic! Thanks for the update Geoff! I still miss the intellectual Observer but I'm all Wiltshire at the moment. 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

Well, 100005 pages completed!! 😃 .. but we've got only 290,794. Let's reach 300.000!

Posted

• geoffrey.belknap by geoffrey.belknap scientist

Amazing work everyone! What an achievement!! If we finish the Wiltshire or London Geological then there are 4 more really interesting Garden based periodicals waiting to become active.
    Also, if anyone has a much loved 19th C Nat Hist periodical that they would like to see on Science Gossip - and has been digtized by BHL - let us know and we can make it a priority for the next upload.

Posted