Science Gossip Talk

Intellectual Observer

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

To everyone,
    Now that we are down to four journals, could you all please focus on the Intellectual Observer for a bit. I personally am down to below 20 left of it (soon to be 0). If we all focus on it we can knock out another journal in short order. Thanks.

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens admin

If you aren't sure how to focus on a specific journal, got to the Periodicals page, http://www.sciencegossip.org/#/periodicals, and click on a journal. You will only get pages from that journal to classify, until you either finish that journal, or go back to the Periodicals page and make another selection.

When you finish a journal, the app defaults back to picking random pages from all the available periodicals.

Cheers
    Jim

Posted

PS just checked the database, and only 287 unclassified pages left in the Intellectual Observer! 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator in response to eatyourgreens's comment.

Wow, many thanks! I had no idea that was possible! So cool.

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

That's my favourite. I ran out of pages ages ago. 😭 I really hope we get another batch of this periodical.

Posted

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

Pretty sure that what 'greens said means no more coming down the pipeline. Sorry...

Posted

I'm sure the next round will have something equally as tempting though. ;D

Posted

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

Bumping this to keep people informed, the journal is still up so keep plugging away at it. We can clear one more from the pile!

Posted

Only about 200 pages left now in the database.

Posted

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

I have to admit, I want it gone so much I am deeply considering making a dummy secondary account, just to finish them off...

Posted

• jules by jules moderator in response to rrpbgeek's comment.

😄 Can I ask why? I loved it. Though that's one of the reasons I like this project - it caters for many tastes!

Posted

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

I like things to be done once I finish them. And, the sooner it is done, the sooner something else new comes...

Posted

I've just added some percentage/total completed stats to the periodicals page to give a better idea of progress through the journals.

Cheers
    Jim

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator in response to eatyourgreens's comment.

Cool! Thanks 😃

Posted

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

Thank you. Of note, I have done all of the newest journal. Now for yshish and ElizabethB to mop it up too...

Posted

I seem to have completed The Field Observer in 618 pages though there are 794 pages according to the periodicals page. Enjoyed that one. Ah well - back to it! 😃

Posted

• rrpbgeek by rrpbgeek

And another two bite the dust...

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

You're awesome, guys!

Posted